Sunday, February 27, 2011

Goodbye Korea

I forgot how beautiful and nice Incheon Airport is and how it's the only airport I can think of that has free wireless internet. I'm sitting here at the gate for our first flight. We should have started boarding 10 minutes ago but the flight is a little delayed.

Riding the bus here this morning made me remember when I first arrived in Korea almost exactly fifteen months ago. I remember that the first thing I noticed being different about Korea from the US was the trees that I saw outside of my window on the bus. Today I saw those same trees again from the bus window. I haven't left Korea the entire time I have been living here. It's been my home and now I'm leaving. It's strange.

Nicole and I ate our last meal here. I had bibimbap which also happens to be the first Korean food I ever had and also, technically, the first food I ever had in Korea (on the plane coming here). Dolsot bibimbap is also my favorite Korean food.

Everything's coming full circle. Goodbye Korea.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the bibimbap! I liked that too. It was a good intro to Korean food. Only fitting it was your last meal

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS G-RATED!