Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chang Mai

We made it safely and securely to Chang Mai. Now its morning (about 10:00am) and I just had a lovely breakfast at what is absolutly the cutest coffe-shop-slash-hostel in the world. I can't post long because Nicole wants to get out and go biking around the town so I'll explain everything we did yesterday later tonight. I would have posted last night but I was so zonked that I just passed out. I managed to be asleap on the plane from Bangkok to Changmai before we even left the gate (this is around 8:00pm, I'm turning into such a baby). Ironically, the flight attendent apparently needed exactly my seat's tray table to stash her props for the safety demonstration and woke me up a little. On the plus side I got to play with one of those oxygen bags that fall from the ceiling so that was pretty cool.

On a side note, I strongly recommend AirAsia for anyone looking to fly to or within Southeast Asia. Their hub is Kuala Lumpor, Malaysia but there are super cheap flights all over the area. I was a little worried, because their flights are so cheap, that the experience with them would be sub par but it was totally fine. Don't expect any frills (checked baggage and food is extra) but if you're just looking to pop around countries, its perfect. Also the online site for them is great for easy bookings. With the exception of the flight to Bangkok, all of my flights connecting to Southeast Asia are through AirAsia (including the one from Kuala Lumpor to Paris, no less). Okay, wow, enough hyping them. I swear they didn't pay me to write all that.

Today we plan to see some of the sights of Chang Mai and then tomorrow we go on a two-day-one-night trek before returning again to Chang Mai. I am eo excited for the trek its crazy! I am sure I'll have lots of great pictures from it and hopefully will get them up when I get back home in two nights.

Oh and remember how I said I was going to put sun lotion all over my body from now on. Well instead of doing that I totally forgot to put on lotion at all yesterday and now, of course, my chest is burned. Oh well. It's not so bad. I got some soothing lotion from the airport and I am feeling okay. And I put on sun stuff today. Mmm...

Later.

1 comment:

  1. You should post in detail about your bike ride around Chang Mai! I've always wanted to take a ride in another country.

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS G-RATED!