Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hanoi

I know I just finally finished posting about LP but I thought that I should mention something about Hanoi just so I feel like I am up-to-date a little bit and not stress about blogginb 24-7.

We arrived in Hanoi late Sunday evening. I think I mentiond before but it is rather cool here. It was a welcome change from the blazing sun of LP but the weather has since gotten colder and neither of us is really prepared, clothes-wise, for the situation. It started raining last night and then started up again this afternoon pretty hard. The temperature has since dropped and is currently 55 degree Farenheit (I just checked).

I'm way too lazy to dig my tennis shoes out from the bottom of my bag (and clean them) so my feel had been pretty perpetually frozen in my sandles. But at least I did bring jeans.

We have't really done too much here even though we've been here two full days. Nicole has been on-and-off sick or headachy for a bit and we've both been sleeping a lot (I think from the drastic temperature and pressure changes we have endured in the past couple days).

We've walked around a lot and seen the city pretty well, I'd say. Nicole got in a pretty dramatic near-fight with an attendant at the Hanoi train station which she ended up winning, I walked to a really beautiful (and very old) temple set in the middle of a lake, we went on a veritable pilgrimage to find just about the most out-of-the-way vegeterian restaurant in history, we've been lost about two dozen times, and nearly gotten hit my motorbikes about a million times.

I'll update more later. Tomorrow we go on a two-day one-night "cruise" to Halong Bag. We decided to take the "deluxe" cruise since we've been staying in such cheap places for so long (our beds at our current hostel are pretty rediculous). I'm exciting to see the islands and go kayaking and hopefully it won't rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THIS BLOG IS G-RATED!