Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Not Dead

I know I haven't managed to get a post out in a couple of days so I just thought I would do a quick update. I know last time I posted I was a little sick. I got over that pretty quick; it's not the reason I haven't been posting. The reason also has nothing to do with the current crisis in Japan. That is over 2500 miles away from here and there are no affects in that area. I know some people have been worrying, that's the only reason I mention it.

I kept working on a post and then having to leave and go do things for one reason or another and not finishing the post. Then I would have more things to say and have even more trouble finishing. Hopefully I'll take some time tonight and get that post pushed out finally.

Anyway, we're in Vietnam now. We got here day before yesterday and we have been staying in Hanoi in the North which is the largest city and also the capital. The first thing I noticed when I stepped off the plane is how nice and cool it is here. Laos was so hot and sunny and it was starting to get to me. Vietnam is now in its cooler season and so far its been a nice temperature and breezy and right now its even raining pretty hard. It's nice. Tomorrow we plan to travel to Halong Bay to the East of Hanoi. I'll hopefully talk more about that later.

With regards to pictures, I know it has been a looooong time since I have uploaded any but I am doing the best I can. Most internet cafes the internet is too slow for me to upload so many pictures at once (and it's a LOT of pictures by now). I'll do what I can as soon as I can and they will get up eventually.

People who asked for postcards: I sent a big batch off from Laos so they're on their way. Anyone else who wants postcards please comment with your address. Thanks. :)

2 comments:

  1. Grandmma and GranddadMarch 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM

    Postcards, please:
    Grandma and Granddad
    2838 Freedom heights
    Colorado Springs, CO 80904-5132

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog, homegirl. :) But also can't wait to see you in Chicago!
    5480 S Hyde Park Blvd, 1a
    chicago, IL 60615
    -karina

    ReplyDelete

THIS BLOG IS G-RATED!